February – Water
For February, we looked at our water usage. Water is one of the most important factors to be considered in conservation efforts. We need to conserve as much water as we can and test to make sure what we are drinking is high quality. As such, Cuningham Group tested the following aspects of water quality in all of our offices:
• Total Hardness
• Total Chlorine
• Total Coliform Bacteria
• Six offices have slightly hard water; our filters correct all but two of those.
• Total chlorine is acceptable in all offices.
• Four offices have slightly high alkalinity; our filters reduce alkalinity too much in two offices. One office remains too high in alkalinity even after filtering.
• Three offices are slightly high in pH; our filters reduce that so four offices are low on pH.
• Two offices are slightly high in iron; our filters correct all but one of those.
• Work with filter providers to improve test results in all offices.
• Conduct yearly tests of drinking water in every office.
• Verify that filters are present at all sources of drinking water in every office, including coffee machines.