JULY – TRANSPORTATION
Transportation is a significant share of our total carbon footprint. So during July, we surveyed our office about their transportation, analyzed what we saw, and developed ways we can improve.
• We flew nearly 2.5 million miles in 2018.
• We rented cars for almost another 60,000 miles.
• We drove 172,000 miles to meetings and job sites.
• Our average commute to work is approximately 12 miles.
• Approximately 27 employees use mass transit on a regular basis.
• Monitor air travel for business use by all CGA employees.
• Consider carbon offset purchase for air travel by CGA in 2020.
• Promote more aggressively eco-pass options to encourage sustainable commuting.
• Pay only a portion of monthly parking fees to encourage commuting options.
• Restrict company car rental to high efficiency vehicles, except where several passengers will use one vehicle.
• Consider leasing a high efficiency vehicle for transportation to job sites for larger offices.