September – Paper
Did you know every Cuningham Group employee uses 8,000 sheets of paper per year?
After a terrific meeting with the administrative team, convened by Danika Larson, we decided we’d try to start measuring some of our office supplies, and what easier place to start than paper (or so we thought). Thanks to a lot of investigation by the EIS team we have learned that Cuningham Group currently consumes approximately 29,300 pounds of print paper per year. That’s about 8,000 sheets of paper for every one of us!
Working with Allie Peck in the Denver office, we estimated the company uses another 1,350 pounds of sketch paper. The total weight of 30,650 pounds does not include paper brought into our offices by vendors and suppliers, or paper used to print our design documents that are delivered directly to others, such as Contractors and Clients. And it excludes paper towels, toilet paper, and facial tissue.
• We used 22,000 pounds of copy and print paper in 2018.
• We used approximately 1,350 pounds of drawing trace paper.
• The Phoenix office used the highest amount of printer paper per employee and the San • Diego office used the least.
• The Minneapolis office used the highest amount of printer paper per square foot and the Las Vegas office used the least.
• Switch default mode to double sided for all printers. DONE.
• Maximize recycled content for ALL paper products purchased by the firm.
• Utilize electric hand dryers in all future renovation or TI projects including restrooms.
• Conduct an annual paper survey to measure the total amount of paper purchased, with a goal of reducing paper use per employee every year.