Cuningham Group once called the Eugene A Merrill House our office in 1978. Originally constructed in 1884 by A.C. Robinson and Company, the E.A. Mansion was built as a single-family residence. During the early 1950s, the French Renaissance/Chateauesque-styled mansion was converted into a rest home. The Mansion has seen many transformations in its time. Its most recent use includes that of an art gallery and property rental space. In 1984, the Merrill Mansion received a Committee on Urban Environment Merit Award.